Fleece blankets are a cozy and comforting addition to any home. Making your very own fleece blanket is a fun and rewarding DIY project, but you may be wondering how to create one without those pesky ties. Well, you’re in luck! In this step-by-step guide, The Gearcustoms show you how to make a fleece blanket without ties in just four simple steps. Say goodbye to knots and hello to a beautifully finished blanket. Let’s get started!
Materials Needed for Fleece Blankets:
Before we dive into the process, let’s gather all the materials you’ll need to create your no-tie fleece blanket:
- Fleece Fabric: You will require two pieces of fleece fabric in your desired colors or patterns. The standard dimensions for a fleece blanket are 60 inches by 72 inches, but you can adjust the size to your preference.
- Fabric Scissors: Sharp fabric scissors are essential for clean and precise cuts.
- Pins: You’ll need pins to hold the fabric layers together while cutting and sewing.
- Sewing Machine: A sewing machine will make the process quicker and more efficient, but you can also sew the blanket by hand if you prefer.
- Matching Thread: Ensure you have thread that complements the colors of your fleece fabric.
Learn How to Make a Fleece Blanket Without Ties
Step 1: Arrange Material Placement
Begin by laying out your two pieces of fleece fabric on a large, flat surface. Make sure both pieces are the same size and that the wrong sides of the fabric are facing each other. This means that the right sides of the fabric should be visible on both the top and bottom layers of the blanket.
Step 2: Perform a Series of Cutting Operations
Substep 1: Trim the Edges
Using your fabric scissors, carefully trim any uneven or excess edges of the fleece fabric to ensure that both pieces are perfectly aligned.
Substep 2: Cut the Corners
Next, cut out a square of fabric from each corner of the blanket. The size of the square should be about 5 inches by 5 inches or to your preference. This step will help create rounded corners for your fleece blanket.
Substep 3: Create Fringe Strips
Now, it’s time to create the fringe strips. Begin by cutting 1-inch-wide and 5-inch-deep strips along all four edges of the blanket. Ensure that you are cutting through both layers of fabric simultaneously. These strips will be used to tie the layers together without traditional knots.
This step is crucial to achieving a beautifully finished, no-tie fleece blanket:
Fold and Slit the Strips
Take each strip and fold it up, positioning them on top of the fabric. Then, cut a small slit into each strip, again cutting through both pieces of cloth. This will prepare the strips for the final step.
Step 4: Complete the Blanket
With your fleece fabric prepared and the fringe strips in place, it’s time to complete your no-tie fleece blanket:
- Begin by matching up the corresponding fringe strips on the top and bottom layers of the blanket.
- Tie each set of fringe strips together using a simple double knot. Pull the knots tight to secure the layers.
- Continue this process along all four edges of the blanket until all the fringe strips are tied together.
- Once you’ve tied all the fringe strips, go back and double-check for any loose knots or missed sections. Tighten them as needed.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a cozy fleece blanket without ties. Your finished product will have a neat, finished appearance and will keep you warm on those chilly nights.
Dimensions for Making Fleece Blankets
When making fleece blankets, it’s important to consider the dimensions based on your preferences and needs. The standard size for a fleece blanket is 60 inches by 72 inches, which is suitable for a single person. However, you can adjust the dimensions to better suit your requirements:
- Throw Blanket: A smaller size, typically around 50 inches by 60 inches, is ideal for a throw blanket to drape over a sofa or chair.
- Twin Size:For a twin-size bed, aim for dimensions of 66 inches by 90 inches.
- Full/Queen Size:If you want to cover a full or queen-size bed, go for dimensions of 90 inches by 90 inches or 90 inches by 108 inches, respectively.
- King Size: For a king-size bed, aim for a generous size of 108 inches by 90 inches.
Remember that these dimensions are customizable, so you can adjust them according to your personal preferences or the intended use of the blanket.
Creating a fleece blanket without ties is a straightforward and rewarding DIY project. From How to make a fleece blanket without ties? 4 Simple Steps, you can make a beautiful and cozy blanket that’s perfect for gifting or keeping. So, gather your materials, follow the instructions, and enjoy the warmth and comfort of your handmade fleece blanket. Happy crafting!